Thursday, April 25, 2013

SOME FAVORITE VIDEOS



Here are a few of the videos I've been watching this week.The first two appear on this site for the first time, the final four or five are repeats that richly reward a second viewing.

First (above) is the dog pee gag from Peter Cook and Dudley Moore's "Hound of the Baskervilles." Mike turned me on to this. He said the film is terrible but contains one sequence that's fall-on-the-floor funny...and he was right. See what you think.



Here's Richard Burton (above) as the libidinous poet in Terry Southern's film, "Candy." I'm not really a fan of that film but the windblown scarf sequence is not to be missed.



Above, Peter Cook and Dudley Moore parody TV puppet shows.



Here (above) Peter Sellers mocks Lawrence Olivier.



Fry and Laurie (above). Geez, I miss that show.


Here's (above) Monty Python in Romanian.



I'll end with a quick sketch about two Shakespearean actors ordering a meal in a restaurant. It's only a minute long, but it might take a couple of minutes to cue it up...sorry about that. The part of the video I'm calling attention to starts at 6:30 and ends at 7:33.




2 comments:

Unknown said...

I got to watch the first two clips and boy, were they funny or what?! The chihuahua peeing into the guy's face had me cracking up. My day had been pretty crappy, so that did a lot to cheer me up. Let's just say I had to deal with an insulting troll who called me an annoying fill-in-the-blank (it was a strong expletive), which prompted me to retire from this specific community I had been posting in.

With my college confirmation deposit due in less than a week (I got accepted two days ago), the stress is a bit overwhelming but not impossible to manage.

Anonymous said...

That Peter Cook and Dudley Moore puppet bit brilliantly parodies the work of British creator of the Supermarionation process, the late Gerry Anderson. Those too young to have seen episodes of "Supercar" or "Fireball XL5" should seek them out on You Tube to get Cook and Moore's great visual references.