Saturday, July 23, 2011

"THE POET"

Oh Man, I'm in heaven! Commenter and famed illustrator Kellie Strom told me how to recover this accidentally deleted photo story and the advice was good as gold! Here it is in all it's funky glory. I'm tempted to change a few things, and I wish I didn't look so fat in it, but I'll leave it as is, just to be safe.

The story:


"Now to write this thing...."


"Let's see....hmmm....Love...our love..."



"Our love is such that..."


"No, no....our love runs...runs and swims... "


"No... we swim into love with...we swim into the swimming hole of love...we swim..."


"Oh, the heck with it!"


GLURP! GLURP!


"We swim...we dive...we swan dive..."


"Blp!"



"We SWAN DIVE into the VOLCANO BURNING!!!!"



"We're CREATURES of FIRE..."


"Mingled male and female yearning..."


"Yearning for...for...YEARNING for THE HEAT!"


"For the SWEET EXPLOSION of DESIRE!"


"I SPLASH into the PLEASURE, all consuming..."


"A-l-l c-o-n-s-u-m-i-n-g..."


"...and now...and now... I'm happy...really happy...I'm..."


"I'm just incredibly happy...I'm um..."


"Blf!"


GAGORK! GAGORK! GAGORK!


GLURG! GLURG! GLURG! GLURG!


"I'm JOYFULLY INSANE...insane with...with..."


GLURGGLURGGLURGGLURGGLURG!!!!!


"...INSANE with KISSING your TENDER FEET!"


Yes, the TENDER FEET are REALLY NEAT!!!!"


"DONE!"



"Whew!"

"Now for the reward! I think I've earned a little nip!"


NOTE: This is a bowdlerized version of what I assume is a famous poem but I don't have the name at hand.

NOTE 2: Many, many, many, many thanks to Kellie for the much needed computer help!!!!!!!

Kellie's impressive blog: "Airforce Amazons":
http://airforceamazons.blogspot.com


10 comments:

Unknown said...

You make the funniest expressions!!! This made my night!!

Eddie Fitzgerald said...

Sandra: Thanks! I've always wanted to do a routine that captures the act of creation. Seeing this makes me want to try it again in a longer format.... something where the creator goes through, say, seven stages like the famous Kubler-Ross Stages of Death.

Joshua Marchant (Scrawnycartoons) said...

Thank goodness for Kellie! As always Eddie, hilarious situation and supremely funny acting

I like how the face gets redder as he intensely writes about burning hot passion and how the word "blp" completely conveys whats just happened in the poets head

kellie said...

Glad to help! I loved that story the first time round, and was able to find it again in internet limbo only 'cause I'd linked to it earlier.

JohnDoe123 said...

Hahahaha, this is my FAVORITE! Love the agony expressions!

Unknown said...

You should totally do that, Eddie! I can see you pulling that act off so perfectly!!

Herman Gonzales said...

Hilarious

Anonymous said...

Love that look above the "tender feet are really neat!" line. You can see so much weirdly intense thought going on in that expression.

Aaronphilby said...

hahahahaha. great!!!(:(:(:

Crosby Kenyon said...

Cry Uncle! Very entertaining.