Friday, July 03, 2015

A WIZARD OF OZ VARIANT


I just started a file called "Motion" which consists of photos of unusual walks and moves that might look good in animation. I don't have many pictures in there yet, but the ones I do have seem to suggest a story...well, sort of...a motion variant of "Wizard of Oz." I thought I'd put up some of the pictures here and see what comments they provoke. 

Like I said, the story would be a variant of "Wizard of OZ." The depressed woman above might be The Wicked Queen. She does a foot-dragging march when she walks, indicating that she's also obsessed.


Here's the Dorothy character. No? Well, like I said, The file doesn't have many pictures to choose from.


The local OZ police are always on patrol. They're always synchronized.


Synchronous anything seems to work well in small doses. 


Above, the Wicked Queen's chief henchmen. They move like marionettes, even though they're humans and have no strings. 


 Above, the Wicked Queen's Palace Guards. Geez, I like that red jacket. How can I get one like that?


Above, poor Dorothy's lost and distressed. OZ is a place where everybody walks funny, so Dorothy's had to learn to do that too.


She makes friends but they're kinda' ditsy and are inclined to wonder off while mumbling to themselves.



Last but not least (above): The Wizard who eventually gets Dorothy back home to Kansas. He moves and talks like Ed Sullivan.

Well, whadaya think?


1 comment:

nodnarB said...

That cracks me up! The Oz police picture is my favorite. I can imageine them running around, doing everything in sync.