Sunday, September 11, 2016

MY KID'S CARICATURES

Haw! Haw!  Here's (above) a Theory Corner exclusive: a drawing of Ben Franklin eating a bug. I bet you won't find that anywhere else on the net!

My daughter drew it for "Be Fat" magazine, which was self-published by my son. It was a whole magazine devoted to what my kids believed was my insatiable consumption of sausages and candy.

Is that a canker growing out of my jaw? Hmmmm...maybe it's a Frankenstein-type electrode.


Here's (above) a woman with a daisy in her hat. She has an electrode, too.  My daughter loved to draw like Don Martin.


Yikes! It says it's a caveman (above) but the "Wow!" identifies it as me. It looks like in my desperation for food I fought a tiger over a slab of fat, and got mauled in the process.


This was an important time for my kid's artistic development. The very week these Be Fat pages were drawn and salted away was the same week she first tried out her new caricature style (above). That would stay with her for years. No more Don Martin!


In the same dated envelope I found this drawing (above) I did of my kid....


...and this sketch (above) that John did of me. I guess we all drew each other in the same week.



1 comment:

nodnarB said...

Dang! These are all so awesome! Your daughters Don Martin style is really cool. All those little bits of detail look great.