Monday, March 20, 2017

MY BEE STORY

Here's how it happened. 

My wife and I were talking about the new house we're hoping to get and I mentioned a type of screen we could get for the back porch.  She said something like, "Oh, not that kind. Our bees'll get stuck in it." 

Huh? Our bees? 

I laughed and said, "Haw! you're gonna die when you hear this. I thought you said...aw, this is rich...Haw! I thought you said...here it comes...I thought you said...'BEES'. Haw haw, haw!"

She replied dryly: "Yeah. That's what I said...bees. I've wanted to be a beekeeper ever since I was a little kid."

(Groan!) A long discussion ensued during which I was reminded of favors that I owed.  The upshot was...you want to see a picture of me a year from now? That's me (above), and all the hapless guests who ignore the warnings and venture out into our backyard. 


I forgot to say that my wife wants a goat, too. 


We might have to let the goat live inside the house.


How can I kick the poor creature into the backyard when all that carnage is taking place out there?


Have you ever seen a corpse stripped by bees? Well...I haven't either...but it must be terrible.


I don't think any amount of coaxing will convince the pets to leave the house.

Would you if you knew the yard was full of bees?


I don't know what the neighbors will think. If we're lucky we'll have hippie neighbors. Bees don't sting hippies. That's why God created hippies...so there'll be somebody to love the world's bees.


No comments: