Monday, August 20, 2007

KALI NEEDS A ROOM TO RENT!

Who would have thought that a nice cartoonist girl like Kali would have difficulty finding a room to rent? Her other arrangements just fell through and here she is about to start her senior year at Otis (an art college in L.A.). What's she going to do?
Here's some drawings that Katie Rice did of Kali. Kali's normally really happy but I think she's bummed out about this room situation. If you have a spare room to rent and your place is on a bus line that might conceivably pass near Otis (near LAX) , will you drop her a line at her blog?



Or maybe you're a student too and you're looking for some room mates to share an apartment with....well, look no farther! The ideal room mate is here!


Kali's fun to do photo comic strips with. Think of all the great comics you can turn out together!





Nice to have a country singer in residence.







Tell your friends! This student needs a place to hang her guitar!* **




*It's an acoustic guitar. Nice and quiet.

** Thanks again to Katie for the drawings.


17 comments:

Anonymous said...

cue the lonely male cartoonists ham handedly trying to sound casual and indifferent as they respond to this post

Anonymous said...

Who?

Craig D said...

But, Eddie!

I thought she lived in your guest room.

Why are you casting her out in her hour of need?

WHY?

Katie said...

gross :p

Eddie Fitzgerald said...

Marlo: Thanks for the photos of Kali that you took! I forgot to credit you!

Katie: I deleted the note you answered to!

Katie said...

thanks Eddie! :)

William said...

I'm certain if I lived in the LA area I could convince my wife to let Kali live in our living room.

But does she babysit?

Anonymous said...

You too Katie ;)

Anonymous said...

Not to sound like a pessimist-and I know she needs a place right now, seriously-but this doesn't seem like the right forum in which to advertise for some digs.
I'd be very leery of leads that open up as a result of posting on a blog. Better to go through the school student affairs office privately, or something like Westsiderentals.com--again, privately. Posting this here is just asking for the wrong kind of attention for a very young woman.
I know you don't mean it that way and want to help...but think it over.

Lester Hunt said...

I just checked mapquest and it turns out that from our spare room to Otis is a 1,992.48 mile schlep. So I guess I can just forget that. ... Seriously, Kali, the best of luck with this!

Sean Worsham said...

Kali,

This website is always good when looking for a room to rent (they usually list the cheapest too!):

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/

It always works for me when I'm looking for a new place (found my last two apartments this way).

Best of luck!

Eddie Fitzgerald said...

Anon: You're right, this isn't really the right place to advertize, but Kali needs to find a place fast.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

>>You're right, this isn't really the right place to advertize, but Kali needs to find a place fast.

Geez, now I feel like an asshole.

Uh....moreso than usual, in case you're wondering...

Good luck, Kali!

Kali Fontecchio said...

Thanks Eddie for trying!

Vincent Waller said...

How much does lil'Kali need the rent to be?
I'll keep and Eye out.

Eddie Fitzgerald said...

Vincent: Thanks for asking! John should know!