Sunday, December 16, 2007

MARIO LANZA



I have a rough deadline to meet tomorrow so I can't do a really first-rate post. How about a really good second-rate post?...second-rate only because I can't take the time to comment on it...Mario Lanza singing "Be My Love." Boy, he really belts this out! If I've posted this before then forgive me, but I doubt many will mind hearing it a second time.





Here's (above) a song that used to be sung at weddings. It starts mild then Mario goes into turbo mode the way Caruso used to do.

9 comments:

Jack said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY YA BUCK TOOTHED BASTARD!!

Anonymous said...

Somewhere there is footage of Mario Lanza singing "Because" to a giant sandwich.

mike fontanelli said...

Opera? BLECCH!

Where are the Marx Brothers when you need 'em - to set fire to the building?

I'm handing in my Italian membership card.

Anonymous said...

have you read the comments on johns latest post?

Outside of you Kali emslie and a few other good folks its just morons arguing with each other

Lester Hunt said...

"singing "Because" to a giant sandwich." Poor Mario eventually couldn't play lead roles in movies because he gained so much weight. In "The Student Prince" he gloriously supplied the singing voice of the title character, mimed on-screen by a stiff named Edmund Purdom. Too many sandwiches!

Trevor Thompson said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY UNCLE EDDIE!

i hope i'm as youthful as you are when i reach the rip old age of agelessness!

your fan,

- trevor

Taber said...

BIRFDAI WISHES!

Anonymous said...

"too many sandwiches" Well, they didn't call him "Mario Labonza" for nothing! Actually, Mario's great, though my man is still Jussi Bjoerling.

Happy Birthday, Eddie!

Anonymous said...

MIKE FONTANELLI DOESN'T LIKE OPERA??