Tuesday, October 28, 2008

HIGH SCHOOL SWEETHEARTS


UNCLE EDDIE: "Amanda!!!! It's so good to see you again!



UNCLE EDDIE: "Waiter! Get this girl anything she wants! It's on me!"

"Amanda, you should try the lobster, it's really good here! And for wine, try the Cuvee Royale. It's pricey, but it's worth it!"



AMANDA: "It's good to see you too, Eddie. It's been a long time."




UNCLE EDDIE: "Yeah, we were high school sweethearts, remember? Amanda and Eddie; Eddie and Amanda! We were inseperable."



AMANDA: "Those were the days alright! I remember you used to draw a lot."



UNCLE EDDIE: "Yeah, I became a cartoonist! I moved to LA, and got into the animation industry...I have a family now, and two kids...life's been good! How about you!?



AMANDA: "Oh, a little bit of this and a little bit of that. I think about you a lot."




UNCLE EDDIE: "Me!? You think about ME!!? Awww, that's sweet."




AMANDA: "Yeah, I think about you all the time. That's why I wanted to have lunch with you. There's something I've always wanted to show you...something...awfully... private..."




UNCLE EDDIE: "(Gulp!) Show me? Private????"



AMANDA: "Yeah, it's the gap on my record shelf where my Phil Collins records used to be! Rmemember I lent them to you? What did you do with them? I could get a good price for them now."



UNCLE EDDIE: "Phil Collins?



UNCLE EDDIE: "...Um, you said Phil collins, right?"



UNCLE EDDIE: "Well, um...let's see now...you moved away and...OK, now I remember! Yeah, I had those records on the shelf for years."



UNCLE EDDIE: "Finally I just gave them away. I mean they were Phil Collins records, for Pete's sake! Even the Salvation Army wouldn't take them! The guy kicked me out of the store."



AMANDA: "You gave them away? That's men for you! Not an ounce of consideration."



UNCLE EDDIE: "But...but... they were Phil Collins records..."



AMANDA: "Men are such beasts."



UNCLE EDDIE: "Don't worry! I'll look for them on eBay! You'll get them back, I promise! Look, it's getting late. I'm really sorry, but I gotta go."




UNCLE EDDIE: "Waiter! Get this girl anything she wants!!! It's on me!

(Eddie To Amanda) "You gotta try the grilled cheese sandwich here! And don't miss the tap water! It's to die for! Well, I gotta go now!"

13 comments:

Hans Flagon said...

So Eddie, were those photos of Amanda just a batch you found somewhere on the internets?

Aaronphilby said...

I like that one a lot. She really becomes part of the story even though you may not even know the girl in the photo.

Nico said...

But.. but...... they were PHIL COLLINS records.

lastangelman said...

nico said:But.. but...... they were PHIL COLLINS records.

Yeah, they're great for skeet shooting ... P U L L ! ! !

_ said...

haha, real fun. boy, it's almost like watching a really cool, well drawn cartoon. as usual, great expressions & composition (that hand, man!)

Anonymous said...

Amanda doesn't look a day over 29. Did you two attend high school during a time warp?

Eddie Fitzgerald said...

Anon, Hunsecker: Haw! There is an age difference there! Oh, well!

Ken Mitchroney said...

You had better find the records Eddie or dinner will be ON you. Funny as always.

Jennifer said...

Bwa ha ha ha ha! The Phil Collins records were a nice touch.

As for Amanda not looking a day over 29 - well...cosmetic surgery and botox does wonders...

Or, it could have been a teacher-student romance...now that's jucier!

Anonymous said...

haha that was geat, you are really good with expressions, my fav part was the phil collins reaction.

Eddie Fitzgerald said...

Jennifer: Exactly!!! THANK YOU! Amanda had a million surgeries, died hair etc. If it weren't for that, and if the camera facing me wasn't outfitted with fat and age-enhancing lenses...well, then we would have looked the same age. I hope Anon and Hunsecker read this and are chastened!

Adam Tavares said...

Some women love Phil Collins. I think it's his almost perfectly spherical skull that gets 'em going.

deniseletter said...

Eddie,Seeing these photos I suspect you were looking the mirror frequently:)Is that true?