Wednesday, September 09, 2009

IT's HALLOWEEN TIME AGAIN!!!!!


Heeeere we go again! It's Halloween time and, to judge by the terrific material that I see on the net, artists and collectors are really reved up for it.



I only wish there were a couple of first-rate horror films out. I'm really in the mood for it.



It would have been nice for Halloween fans if Sam Rami's "Drag Me to Hell" had been timed to debut in October, rather than the summer...and even nicer if the poster had actually attempted to illustrate the title of the movie. There must be a story behind that, but I don't know what it is. I haven't seen the film yet, but I imagine it'll be in the rental places soon.



I've been to the local Halloween stores, but they were still unpacking so it's a little early to speculate about how this year is going to shape up for collectors.



I'll have to stop by the drug stores to see what cardboard decorations are out this year.



Don't you love houses that look like faces (above)? This one even appears to have feet!



Wow! A beautiful vintage card (above)! Someone should re-issue them!



Proof (above) that a race of giants once walked the Earth!


Uh-oh! The attack of the giant Flash animation creature....



...maybe Wiener Man will think of a way to thwart it!



Let me know if you see anything good in the stores!

P.S. Most of these images come from two wonderful sites whose names I can't remember. Sorry for the ommision! When I find out their names I'll print them here and add them to my links.





7 comments:

Anonymous said...

You must go all out for the kids on Halloween. Do you get many trick or treaters?

I live in the middle of nowhere in Newfoundland so 1 kid is a shock

Stephen Worth said...

I've been watching DVDs of a Discovery Channel program called "A Haunting" some of the episodes are really great. I have a theory about ghost stories... no matter how outlandish the story is, and how untrustworthy the teller, it should always be told with a totally straight face. This series does a good job of that.

Jennifer said...

Regarding the retro Halloween cards - for the budding artists out there, this may be something that you can do to make a little money on the side. You can create the custom cards with retro designs and sell them on Etsy. They're a hell of a lot nicer and more original than the generic "Hallmark" cards out there.

Zoran Taylor said...

How I managed to miss the Karl Rove issue of Science & Invention, I can't imagine.

Anonymous said...

There seems to be an abundance of Halloween stores this year, despite the recession.

SlashHalen said...

Drag Me To Hell was a pretty good movie. If you liked Sam Raimi's Evil Dead films, you'll like this one.

Anonymous said...

I really recommend "Drag Me to Hell". It's a ton of fun. I saw it in theatres twice!