Monday, June 30, 2014

MORE ABOUT TIME TRAVEL

I haven't been able to stop thinking about time travel since I posted about it last week. I still don't believe it's possible but it sure is fun to think about. It's especially fun since old photos indicate that the point of origin for the travelers might have been right here in good old 2014 or thereabouts.

Take a look at the lady in the 50s bus above. Isn't that a digital snapshot camera? It looks like a camera you can buy right now.


And this photo from the 40s (above, circled red on the right)....what's a 2014 hipster doing in this crowd? He looks like somebody you'd see in Starbucks. Was he Photoshopped in? I don't know.



Lots of old photos contain pictures of people who are still here. How did that come about?


And why do old photos contain so many pictures of people in modern dress?


The other day I was looking at some pictures (above) by the 40s/50s jazz cover artist, James Flora. I almost did a double take. These covers look like they were done in Illustrator or Flash, computer programs that wouldn't exist for another 60 years!



You have to wonder why people would choose to live in the past. In order to bet on winner-known-in-advance horse races, I guess. Or maybe the near future didn't shape up so well and these travelers are refugees. I wonder if any of them were able to go back?


 **********************


P.S. Here's a link to the site where I got some of these photos.

http://www.ryot.org/evidence-of-time-travel-popping-up-all-over-the-internet/84113


6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nah, that "hipster" is obviously Cassidy from the comic series "Preacher". (Ever read it? It's fascinating if extremely violent). But how'd he get into the sun?

What I don't get is why people don't time travel and get some dinosaurs.

Eddie Fitzgerald said...

Anon: Aaaaah, so that's it. Thanks for figuring that out.

Some people say we'll see dinosaurs of a sort in the future. If not then we can still recall them to life in fiction.

Eddie Fitzgerald said...

Brian: I lost your email. Can you give me the dates of those posts?

Eddie Fitzgerald said...

Anon: Haw! Thanks for the link. Maybe that design-emphasis style actually started in the 20s and 30s but just took awhile to catch on.

Joel Brinkerhoff said...

Interesting topic. I'm afraid the link you provided has some preposterous examples which I can only think were meant as humor. Has no one ever seen Chaplin's "The Kid"? The DeLorean isn't even casting proper shadows and is clearly added later. Same with the hipster standing around in the other scene from the same movie. Chaplin would never allow someone to mess up his framing composition or detract from the main action of a scene and this poorly placed person clearly does. Neither example appears in the movie and both are so blatantly hoaxed that it must be meant for humor.

Eddie Fitzgerald said...

Joel: True enough. I put up the link so people could make their own judgement about it. My own judgement is the same as yours, but I couldn't resist posting because the fictional possibilities are so rich.