Wednesday, May 27, 2015

FROM MY SKETCH FILE

Here's a few sketches from my sketch file. This (above) is a title card I art directed. The expert lettering was done by Ted Blackman and the great character art by Jim Gomez. 


I did this drawing (above), as well as the others below. What the heck was it for? I can't remember.


This (above) isn't continuity, it's just a doodle that has sentimental value to me. The sketch on the lower right marked the first time that I realized it was possible to break the rule about silhouette value.


Above, no continuity, just more breaking of the silhouette rule, this time on the doodle on the lower left. I went out of my way to put shapes inside of each other and it worked...in my opinion, anyway.

'Just fooling around.


Above, a couple of unused panels from Spumco's "Fire Dogs 2."


Haw! This (above) was an unused idea from the theme park level of the video game.


Above, Little Miss Muffit, my favorite Nursery Rhyme character.

1 comment:

nodnarB said...

wow! Really great drawings Eddie! What you say about silhouettes is really interesting. It can be easy to get hung up on that rule at the expense of the drawing. I think I will try to push that rule a little bit in my own drawings and see how it works.