Thursday, March 30, 2017

THE BEST MODERN FASHION DESIGNER

Listen, I don't know anything about fashion but I love art and the most artistic and funny modern designer that's come to my attention is...by far...Thom Browne.

Browne's been around for a long time but I only became aware of him when he began working with a unique Dutch male model,  Thomas Hoefnagels. Haw! Hoefnagels looks hilarious in Browne's clothes, especially the suits...


Hilarious, but solidly artistic. The line, the shapes, the color and pattern, the sense of humor...it's all there. The use of the mask and beanie is inspired.


Browne even pads the legs of pants. Yikes!



Holy Mackerel!!!!! It'll be a while before you see this (above) in my neighborhood. 


For women Browne likes the Eliza Doolittle look.


That's all I have to say about Browne, but I'll add the work of a couple of other designers to make the point that fashion's made a big comeback lately. 

 Who designed this women's top (above)? Boy. the legacy of Calvin Klein is still with us. It's all about simple elegance, and rewarding people who stay in shape.


Ah, the English schoolboy look. Expect to see it on the street this year.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like the Herman Munster line of fashion.

Eddie Fitzgerald said...

Anon: True. Fashion needed some Herman Munster!