Wednesday, February 10, 2010

WHAT WOULD TRULY ROMANTIC VALENTINES LOOK LIKE?


You know, it's funny....modern girls all think they're above this sort of thing....but they're not. The models in the picture may look plastic, the writing may come off as insincere or cliched, but the card is effective nevertheless.



People respond to elevated speech, to words that conjure up a romantic ideal. It doesn't matter that people don't talk that way in real life. That's precisely why we like it.



Romance is too important to be spoken about in the same language that we use to buy aspirin.


Johnny Depp (above) demonstrates how to seduce with with words alone.

For the curmudgeons out there, here's (above) some valentine vitriol.


9 comments:

Steven M. said...

I don't think I could ever think of a romantic speech like.

Anonymous said...

Happy Valentines day from Nikola Tesla! http://i.imgur.com/ZrFWF.png

talkingtj said...

i worked at barnes and noble-the romantic section was the top seller- personally i hate valentines day-your with someone day in, day out-emotionally rsponsive and suportive-caring and giving-holidays-birthdays-tragedies-suddenly this completely fabricated day comes up and if you dont buy me something to mark the fake occascion-YOU DONT LOVE ME!!-who needs it!? everyday is valentines day if your truly in love.

thomas said...

Great last line. Johnny Depp's an underrated comedian.

I have a difficult time picking out Valentine's day cards, Birthday cards etc., and have debated the importance of them with myself for years. I've come to the conclusion that they do have real meaning for people, despite having the meaning put through the emotional sausage grinder of the Hallmark cards writing and production team.

I've found Spanish language greeting cards better than most. Or maybe I'm juyst doing my own Don Juan thing....

Amanda H. said...

I read the second one and was like "DAYUM!" because was so...overt.

Heh, way to remind me of my new found single-ness during Valentine's Day. XD

Anonymous said...

Champaignnnnnaaa!

Zoran Taylor said...

Getting drunk and fucking.

Period.

Taber said...

What a great scene! I'll have to watch the rest now.

James Sugrue said...

You are a wise and funny man Mr. Fitzgerald =)