Thursday, April 28, 2011

IPHONE VS. DESKTOP


BEFORE READING YOU MUST CLICK TO ENLARGE, THEN CLICK AGAIN TO MAKE IT STILL LARGER!

To those of you who are reading this on a widescreen desktop computer, I congratulate you. You wisely invested in a widescreen and now you're reaping the reward. Your splendid machine has revealed to you in detail the whole long, soothing, and tasteful room I have posted above.

Seen large like that, the room is rather inviting, isn't it?  Don't you feel like kicking off your shoes and walking around? Feel free to warm yourself by the fire in the fireplace, or maybe relax on the designer sofa. Why not read the newspaper a bit then dose off to the gentle sound of West Coast jazz on the stereo? Aaaaaahhh!  Life is good, is it not?



Oh....but gee...some of you are reading this on an iphone.  For you this blog is just, well...just a menu: a few paragraphs on a tiny screen. That's a pity. Well, maybe a friend can describe the room I'm talking about to you.


I know what you're thinking...your iphone can display graphics, too. Well, yes it can...such as they are. Out of consideration for readers who insist on viewing my blog on an iphone, here's (above) a graphic just for you. It's not wide or sexy, but it should work fine on your device...if you don't drop it.

Have a nice day!

9 comments:

Stephen Worth said...

On my iPad I can do the two finger pinch to zoom in on the top pic.

Steven M. said...

Sure sucks to be an iPhone user.

Steven M. said...

Not that I'm saying I have an iPhone, but just saying for the people who have iPhones it stinks to be them.

Me, on the other hand, am enjoying this fabulous blog on my great desktop.

(not necessarily your) Uncle Skip said...

On my desktop I can look at the image and enjoy it without manipulating anything.

Crosby Kenyon said...

I wasn't really thinking of getting an iphone, though.

Joshua Marchant (Scrawnycartoons) said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Josh "Just What the Doctor Ordered" Heisie said...

Zing!

mike fontanelli said...

On my iPad I can do the two finger pinch to zoom in on the top pic.

On my desktop I can look at the image and enjoy it without manipulating anything.


I can do the 5-finger pinch without an iPad, and look at the image on my desktop and enjoy it without manipulating anything... above desk level.

(Y'know, I never realized it before - but Marie Dressler was kinda hot...)

Eddie Fitzgerald said...

Steve: True, but the first image you see on an iphone is the print menu. When you first check in, you don't get the full screen, panaramic eye-candy that desktop viewers get.

My main beef with iphone users is that I can't manipulate the relative size of the pictures for them. I like to deliberately make some pictures big and some small just for emphasis, or for a joke.

Of course I'm a big fan of the iphone, and I'll probably get one somewhere down the line. I'm waiting til they can accept memory cards like cameras use.

Mike: Haw!