Tuesday, May 17, 2011

THE BEST TARZAN PARODY EVER!


Mike Fontanelli turned me on to this: it's not only the best parody of Tarzan that I know of, but the character is one of Ernie Kovacs' all time best..."Leena: Queen of the Jungle." Sad to say, I think he only did Leena once. The show is on the bonus 7th disk on the new DVD set available from The Shout! Factory:

http://www.shoutfactorystore.com/prod.aspx?pfid=5257356&utm_source=redirect&utm_medium=print&utm_campaign=kovacs#axzz1Mg2R3Ih9

Ernie's part starts close to the two minute mark.




Since we're on a jungle theme, I thought I'd throw in a little exotica.  Here's a terrific cheesecake jungle dance from "She Demons" (1958).

4 comments:

Joshua Marchant (Scrawnycartoons) said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Steven M. said...

Thats scream for you to capitalize on it, Eddie.

mike fontanelli said...

Where can I meet a She-Demon?

Joel Brinkerhoff said...

Like any good Anthropologist, I will have to study the She Demons dance sequence more closely. It may take several months, perhaps years.