Sunday, October 13, 2013

MORE HALLOWEEN 2013

Yes, MORE HALLOWEEN!

I've only been to two Halloween stores so far, and if what they have is typical I'd say we can expect fewer high end items this year, but a lot more inexpensive decorations. I do miss the pricey thick masks, though. 
  

Strangely, there's lots of tutus on the shelf this year...so many that I'll probably remember this as the year of the tutu. 


Geez, I miss comic books like this one, above. The best stories were genuinely imaginative.

This is a scene from an early Tom and Jerry cartoon. I keep forgetting that they were human characters before they were a cat and a mouse.


Man, I'd love to have a faux lab with glassware like this (above). It looks like every perfume bottle, Slurpie container, and flexible straw for miles around was pressed into service.


Yikes! 'Another evil Punch puppet!


I like this Reddi-Wip ad. It promises to "bring your desert creations to life" during the Halloween season.


Let us take a moment to give thanks to the nameless genius who thought of selling sexy outfits to girls at Halloween time.


2 comments:

Sara (Perry) said...

I love Halloween! Yet I'm not doing anything for it (I'm just gonna make my parents buy me a bag of Reeses and I'm just gonna lay low at home). This post made me learn things: Tom and Jerry were humans, puppets are absolutely terrifying, and people will actually smooch the Grim Reaper. I love learning :D

Eddie Fitzgerald said...

Sara: You should make some Halloween paper sculptures to put on your door/porch.