Tuesday, August 11, 2015

ANOTHER WALLY WOOD MASTERPIECE

Wally Wood fans might be familiar with this (above) puzzle Wood did in the late 50s. It illustrated a Mad Magazine article called "Mad Visits Corny Island." 

I have an original copy of the Mad that contained the article,but I never put the puzzle together, probably because I didn't want to cut up the magazine. I don't know why it didn't occur to me to Xerox the picture and cut up the copy, or to simply look it up on the net. Well, it occurred to me yesterday, so here it is...in both versions. 

That's (above) a detail from the cut-up xerox...

...and here's (above) the original artwork, which I found on the net. Nifty, eh?


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Off topic, but I... I want to bring this to your attention, my favorite philosopher, dear eddie. Am I terrible for laughing?

http://motherboard.vice.com/read/this-man-has-been-trying-to-live-life-as-a-goat

Eddie Fitzgerald said...

Anon: Haw! I'll bet lots of people would find it restful to be part of a grazing goatherd for a short time. Even for an hour. Even if you never left your living room and were VR connected to a real herd. Of course you'd want to be able to move indepently and make friends of your own choosing among the goats. Yikes, I guess after a while you'd run afoul of the alpha-male.

Geez, I got a great idea for a short story from this! Thanks!