Friday, September 08, 2006

HOW I ALMOST BECAME A MOVIE STAR (PART II)

So there I was! My buck teeth and the persistance of Dom Deluise had landed me a part in a major film! Life was good! The film was still in pre-production while the set was being constructed and I didn't worry about the role I was going to play because I knew I had it locked in.

One day I got a summons from the casting department. Nothing strange about that. I used to have a desk there and they were probably mad because I forgot to clean it out. I casually walked across the lot and to my suprise, before my eyes could adjust to the interior light, I was pushed into the waiting room of the casting director. What I saw there was absolutely the strangest, most disturbing thing I'd ever seen in my life!

Lined up on chairs all around the waiting room were clones of myself. Every one of them looked just like me: receeding chins, big noses, big ears, buck teeth, similar clothes...it was like looking into an endless mirror! Not only that but someone tipped them off that I was the original and they were all imitating me!!!!! If I scratched my nose eight clones scratched right along with me! I can't begin to tell you how weird that was! I forgot to say that when I last talked to the director he'd taken a Polaroid of me. He must have given it to the casting director and she must have scoured the town for clones who were professional actors! Thus the room of me!

I don't have the bandwidth to finish this. Sorry but I 'll need a part three to end it. Do stay tuned because there's an unexpected twist and the story gets even weirder!

Continued next time! (copyright 9/8/06)

11 comments:

David Omar said...

A room full of Eddie clones? Now that is something to be seen.

-David O.

Anonymous said...

Those weren't actors pretending to be Eddie. Those were actual genetic clones of you Eddie. In an effort to preserve cultural icons of our era, the government is cloning geniuses of our time. If scientists can clone mice, why not people.

As a side note, I don't think you need to add a copyright insignia to your story.

1) Isn't material published electronically protected by copyright law?

2) Principal of priority. This material was probably first written here and is safe under the principal of priority.

3) How do you copyright a historical event?

Ryan G. said...

damn you Eddie! i just cant wait for part 3...

Jenny Lerew said...

...you don't have the bandwith for a couple of extra paragraphs of text?

Tsk! I call shenanigans!

murrayb said...

yeh, come clean! The dickensean serial installments of this story makes it all the more interesting. bandwith, pshaw. I'm completely hooked! how does it get weirder?! I gotsta know!!

Kali Fontecchio said...

AHHHHHHH! It's like the twilight zone, except way more buck teeth. I need the ending like a beaver needs wood!

Charles said...

The more I hear about Hollywood, the more I fear it. Hollywood is a creepy, creepy place.

Anonymous said...

Ahh, to be a Jedi Knight fighting in the Uncle Eddie Clone Wars!

David Germain said...

Hey, Eddie, I just posted a theory about the Elmer Fudd cartoon Ant Pasted. Tell me what you think.

Trevour said...

I can hardly contain myself! Boy, whatta cliffhanger!

Shawn Dickinson said...

More!
MOOOOOOOORE!!!