Monday, January 03, 2011

REST IN PEACE: DENIS DUTTON

Nothing special to post today. I'm bummed out because I just discovered that Denis Dutton, the founder of "Arts and Letters Daily," died. That was one of my favorite sites on the net. Free, too...The Chronicle of Higher Education picked up the tab.

Denis was one of the Los Angeles Duttons, a super achieving family that ran an indispensable chain of used book stores in L.A. I wish I knew more about them. 

The Arts and Letters Daily site: http://www.aldaily.com/


3 comments:

Steven M. said...

Bummer. We can only hope someone trustworthy will run the stores.

thomas said...

That Wolverton paste-in on the Theory Corner magazine cover works quite well..

work that photoshop Uncle Eddie!

Work it!

Rne said...

That is a picture of a newsagent's in Argentina!