Sunday, November 18, 2012

LUNCH AT LIDO'S

EXT., LIDO'S PIZZERIA:

EDDIE (VO): "Okay, while we're waiting for the pizza, how about a few pictures? You're a Dickens fan. How 'bout posing out something of his?"


KENT: "Sure! How 'bout this one....Mr. Pickwick from 'Pickwick Papers!' "

EDDIE (VO): "Wow! Great!"

KENT: "Or this one....David's mentally handicapped uncle from "David Copperfield."

EDDIE: "Brilliant! More! More!"


KENT: "Okay, one more....Micawber from 'David Copperfield' again.

'Annual income 20 pounds, annual expenditure 19 pounds, result...happiness. Annual income 20 pounds, annual expenditure 21 pounds, result...misery. The blossom is blighted, the leaf is withered, the God of day goes down upon the dreary scene.' "


EDDIE: "Haw! Very nice! You should be an actor! Wait, let me take one more picture.........Uh oh. It made you look evil. I swear, this camera could make Mother Theresa look evil. Here, take a look.""


KENT: "Oh, yeah. I see what you mean."

EDDIE (VO): "Don't worry, I'll delete it."

KENT: "No need to delete it. It's fine. Use whatever you want."

EDDIE (VO): "Whatever I....? Really!? You don't mind???? BLESS YOU, KENT!! You're a photographer's dream! Everyone else I know thinks I make them look bad, and they run the other way when I take out a camera."

KENT: "That's silly. They should let you take whatever you feel like."

EDDIE (VO): "Those are golden words by a great man. I'm humbled."


EDDIE (VO): "Wait! Here comes the pizza!"


KENT: "Aaaah, stringy Mozzarella. Nobody does it better than Lido's."


TIME PASSES. KENT FINISHES THE LAST MORSELS OF PIZZA:


KENT: "Aaaahh, that last, satisfying bite!"

EDDIE (VO): "Yes, truly, Lido's does not disappoint."


KENT: "Okay, let's pay this bill! Let's see...you got the linguine...but you had a coupon for 6% off. You let me use it, but the waiter said I'd only get 3%. That means I get a refund, but I owe you two bucks from last time, but then again, you owe me 4 bucks from August. If we split the tax, and reckon in the...wait a minute...okay, we have the right amount. We're good."

EDDIE (VO): "Any picture I want...any picture I want..."


No comments: