Wednesday, November 06, 2013

DISNEYLAND PRINCESSES

I just visited Disneyland again, and here we are (above) at Princess Island, or as I call it..."Princessneyland." This is the part of Disneyland devoted to little girls who wear princess costumes and come to hobknob with adult princesses. The place is just crawling with royalty!!!

Oh, yes...the "censored" symbols are there to cover up a friend who wandered into camera range and got into the shot. None of my friends will allow me to post their pictures so I'm forced to cover them up with these stupid signs.


Here's a theater where, between shows, kids get to chat with adult princesses. This is a terrible photo but I put it up so you could catch a glimpse of the three peasant girls who dance to entertain the people in line. They twirl around in flare skirts like they were at a ball dancing to a Strauss waltz. I wanted to stay to get a better picture but my friends were getting antsy. Princessney Land was just not their thing. 


 As you would expect, princess outfits were sold.


Now here's the interesting part...in the back of the princess shop I stumbled into a photographer's dream...the kind of thing the old LIFE magazine would have assigned their top photographers to. I refer to the fact that Disneyland has set up a beauty parlor there just for little princesses.


Imagine that...a kids' beauty parlor in the middle of Disneyland!


I could easily have spent an hour taking pictures but the place creeped out my friends who practically pulled me out of there.


 Outside, adult princesses were all over the place.


Boy, it looks like this little girl (above) has fallen head over heels for the Prince.


Here's (above) the princess with the hardest job: Snow White. She not only has to smile all day, but she has to speak in a high-pitched voice, like the character in the film.


After all these years Snow White is still a big attraction. Interesting, eh?


6 comments:

Eddie Fitzgerald said...

Jeff: Sorry I accidentally deleted your link request. I can't print the link here because I don't want to gross out parents of young people.

Paul Penna said...

Now if they had an attraction that would make me up like Captain Nemo, I'd be there.

Unknown said...

I love how you've been posting a lot more often lately. These posts are great!

Joel Brinkerhoff said...

What strange imagery the censored stickers conjure. What deviant activity is occurring at the happiest place on earth? I understand your friends reluctance to be photographed and I suppose blacking them out would have cause the same question.

I'm glad I read the text because it cleared ups some disturbing connotations I don't want associated with kids present.

Herman Gonzales said...

What a fun field trip Eddie! More more!

kurtwil said...

Did you notice, Eddie, if the princesses were dressed up to match their new merchandise designs? About a year ago, Cinderella and Aurora had major work-overs (new hair designs, face softening, slimmer figures) while Belle, Jasmine and Ariel were tweaked along the same lines. The changeover's rather jarring when the product and the packaging don't match up!