Thursday, November 21, 2013

MY LATEST TRIP TO DISNEYLAND

Here I am again, this time on a cloudy day.


I was so happy that on the park trolley I broke into the J. G. Wentworth song. I was surprised to find that others on the trolley joined in. Apparently lots of people know the lyrics: "I have a structured settlement and I need cash now."


"Call J. G. Wentworth! 877 CASH NOW!!!"


"They've helped thousands, they'll help you too-oo!"


"One lump sum of cash they will pay to you."

"Call J. G. Wentworth, 877 CASH NOW!"



'It's your money! Use it when you need it!"


After that we blitzed the area around the trolley stop.


Holy Mackerel! My head is about twice the volume of the park attendant's.


We ended up in The Animation Academy where an animator teaches the audience how to draw Mickey.


I didn't get to draw because I was too busy taking pictures of the set.


Wow! I'd give a lot to have wooden shelves like the ones on the stage.


Check out the rug on the floor.



From a distance the pattern looks like a faded, old-time Sunday comics page like the one above. When you see it up close though, it's just an abstraction. Even so, the idea is an interesting one. I've heard you can get custom patterns printed on throw rugs and the price isn't steep.

Yikes! I've reached the end already! Maybe I'll continue this on another post.


2 comments:

Unknown said...

Perfect timing for another great Disneyland post. I got my Disney debit card from Chase in the mail today. Maybe if I ever get to visit Disneyland or Disneyworld, I'll save some money because of the benefits it has. It has a drawing of 1930s pie eyed Mickey on the front.

zillustration said...

Animator's Set: I understand the various figurines from Disney films, but where does the Dragon come into the mix? Mulan? I've been stricken with Tiki, so I was digging the last photo. That guy on the left doesn't look to be authentically S. Pacific or African, but a conglomo of both. Set design looks like a lot of fun. Immersed in ones work!