Sunday, October 19, 2014

HALLLOWEEN / SHAG PRINCE

How do you like this Romanian shag mask?


A nice combination of hangers and lanterns! 


Aaaah...the evil ventriloquist doll. A classic theme!

A pair of skinny mannequin legs with a big mask on top...a match made in Heaven. 


Above, Crumb appears with a Third Eye! I have a great Lopsang Rampa book which describes the surgery he (Rampa) underwent in Tibet to have the obstacle to his third eye removed.


Wow! A great brain photo, but it's so....so....low brow. It lacks class.  


Maybe a frame would help.


There you go! Everything looks better in a frame! Geez, maybe I'll put this on the Theory Corner sidebar!



A little Halloween music might be in order here. After you listen to this (above) you might want to go to YouTube and hear Nina Simone sing the same thing. What a contrast!



4 comments:

Joshua Marchant said...

Screamin' Jay Hawkins is a staple of my Halloween music.

He initially aspired to be an opera singer and thought of 'I Put A Spell On You' as a love ballad but the story goes that the band got blackout drunk in the studio and recorded this raw version that started his career.

Eddie Fitzgerald said...

Joshua: No kidding!? I'd heard that he was a serious singer of ballads...the "old standards." His albums are filled out with very straight music.

Tanny D said...

To the sidebar with that brain! And yes, I love that Romanian mask. I think I'll take up rug hooking to create my own creepy monstrosity.

Btw, I've never commented before but wanted you to know that I regularly read your posts. I especially love the ones leading up to Halloween, your mask posts are like candy to mine eyes.

Eddie Fitzgerald said...

Tanny: Thanks much! Halloween is a magnet to artists, no doubt about it!