Tuesday, October 14, 2014

MORE MASKS 2014


Gee, this (above) is a nice mask. It's probably plastic but it I've seen similar effects on plaster and clay.


Polynesians used to have Halloween every day.


This (above) reminds me that I should buy whole coconuts around Halloween time. There's so much you can do with the shells.


The two mache masks on the right  (above) cover the whole head. I wonder how you make something like that?

At first glance I thought this (above) was a mustachioed Edgar Allen Poe mask then I looked closer and discovered the mustache was a nose and the red on the bottom is a mouth. It's a gorilla!


Haw!

Above, a yuppie mask. Not bad, not bad. 


Around Halloween time cereal boxes used to have printed masks on the back.


e
Now they don't. I wonder why. That's (above) the back of the box I used this morning. Yikes! How bleak!

  
Nice (above), very nice.


If I understand right this (above) was an old seldom-used mask which the owner rehabilitated with a new paint job and some Styrofoam balls.


1 comment:

Red Tango said...

I remember you complained long ago about the Cheerios box-you said it had some "ridiculous comments about nurturing" or something on it. I thought that was hilarious. I know exactly what you're talking about. Cheerios tries so hard to be sentimental and overly serious. It's pandering semi-worship of itself is irritating.