Monday, December 22, 2014

MORE CHRISTMAS SONGS 2014


Here's an excerpt from Handel's "Messiah" performed by students in a small auditorium. I'm envious! The audience got to hear the music in a small hall with low ceilings that no doubt bounced the sound around til it resonated in their bones. That and the committed sound of an idealistic student choir and orchestra must have made for a fun evening.



It's always interesting to hear what Bach has to say.



In my opinion this version (above) is definitive!



The YouTube label calls this (above) a Puppetoon. Could that be right? Anyway, it's a well-read version of the classic poem. Alexander Scourby did the narration.



 Here's (above) the Italian Night Before Christmas.


MERRY CHRISTMAS everybody!

2 comments:

Joel Brinkerhoff said...

Very nice posting. The mislabeled Puppetoon reminded me of my fascination with puppetry as a kid. It occurs to me that marionettes maybe the first media where the 'uncanny valley' usually associated with c.g. animation, might be applicable. Next might be automatons, and animatronics. All of them have a creep factor as well as a certain charm that I find appealing, and nightmare inducing.

Anyway, Merry Christmas!

Eddie Fitzgerald said...

Joel: I like that name, the "uncanny valley," and you're right about the strange blending of charm and creepiness that some art posesses.

I wish I had time to do a whole video where I host a YouTube Christmas special. My whole family's here...I just can't squeeze it in. I've had a wonderful Christmas so far, so I can't complain.

Merry Christmas!