Monday, June 08, 2015

DISNEYLAND ARCHITECTURE

One of the things I do at Disneyland is look for ideas I can adapt to my own house. I could easily spend a profitable day just looking at the ironwork on fences or the doorknobs on dungeon doors. I was there this weekend but my camera was on the fritz and I didn't get too many useful photos. That's okay. I'll supplement my own pictures with ones from the net.

Here they are. See what you think.


Here's (above) the Small World facade, beautifully designed by Mary Blair. Geez, with foam core and an exacto I could make a miniature facade of my own design for....no, wait a minute. That would probably be more trouble than it looks.


Above, nice vintage explorer photos in the Indiana Jones ride.


Old explorer photos would be great additions for the wall of a boys room...or a guest room that looks like a boys room. Add to this Bill Peet layout a nice map and maybe a fish tank and a Navajo rug...Wow, it would be a kid Paradise.


Here's some interesting lamps from Disneyland's Mexican restaurant. I wonder if this type of lamp would work in my house? I'm not sure.


And talking about lamps, how do you like these rice paper lanterns over the Teacup ride? I notice that blue dominates, red and purple are secondary and yellow is only an accent.   If I ever throw a party in my back yard I'll know what to reference.


Here's (above) how architect Cliff May designed a room for a client who had a paper lamp collection. He made the walls brown so the yellow lamps would read better.


I get a million ideas for garage rafters (above) at Disneyland.


And all the Alpine ideas at the Park! They're endless!


Haw! I'd like to embellish my back fence with artifacts like these (above), from Adventureland. I wonder what my neighbors would say?

No comments: