Tuesday, November 13, 2007

THE BOYFRIEND STORY

Kali: "Oh, Eddie! It's so wonderful to be here with you!"

Uncle Eddie: "Yeah, just the two of us, all alone."



Kali: "Alone? Um, Eddie...the thing about us being alone..."

Uncle Eddie: "Yes, Sweetums? Dove pie? Sugar eyes? "


Kali: "Well, I...um... have problems with an ex-boyfriend. He follows me everywhere! It's not my fault! I can't get rid of him!"


Uncle Eddie: "Boyfriend? You mean that goofy guy with the square glasses?"




Uncle Eddie: "Haw, Haw! Boy, Kali, you sure can pick 'em! You leave him to me! I might have to rough him up a little, but I won't hurt him too bad!"






Kali: "I'm...er... glad you feel that way, Eddie..."



Uncle Eddie: "Huh!?"



Uncle Eddie: "Glack!"



Boyfriend: "Who's your friend Kali?"
Boyfriend: "Ya like that coke? It's a good coke, isn't it? Nice and cold?"


Uncle Eddie: "The coke? Well, uh...yeah...it's my favorite...

(CRUSH!!!!!)


Uncle Eddie: "Well, I've gotta go now! But first I have to tell you Sir, that I'm impressed, yes, impressed with what a lovely couple you make! Call me old-fashioned but I believe the very heart and soul of the country depends on the eternal bonds made by lovebirds like yourselves! Blessings upon you, Sir! Blessings!"



Uncle eddie: "Be seeing ya!"



Uncle Eddie: (Whistles)



All pictures stolen from Nico's site, cited below! Thanks, Nico! Be sure to take a look at Nico and Kali's version of this! Those links are also below. Thanks to Jorge I reinstated the cup-crushing sequence that my computer wouldn't let me put up originally. Cup-crushing is a beautiful thing!

24 comments:

Nico said...

HA!!!
Between your entry here, my site, and Kali's site, no matter how many different versions of a story can be told using these pictures, i LOVE how Kali gets completely screwed in the climax EVERY time. in this version, she looks EMBARRASSED to death!!

THAT'S RIGHT FITZGERALD. YOU KEEP ON WALKIN'!

Nico said...

oops, sorry sir! I meant to address you as:

DJ EDDIE KOOL AIDS!!!

Lester Hunt said...

Thanks for the update on your further adventures. The sign in one of your pictures says you're at the Graciana Tortilla factory in Sylmar CA. I wish we had a tortilla factory here in Oregon Wisconsin. Dang!

Anonymous said...

The Graciana Tortilla Factory supplies tortillas to many fine restaurants in the valley.

Kent B said...

The talent on display here is overwhelming. Eddie and Kali show an enormous range of emotion, from sly ineptitude to cringing fear. Meanwhile Nico proves that he has mastered the "slow burn" in a manner reminiscent of Finlayson. Kudos to all. Who says they don't make 'em like this anymore.

Anonymous said...

what do you think of "understanding comics" by scott mcloud?

Lee said...

Too funny!

(I enjoyed Kali's version too!)

Anonymous said...

Hey, this story's been Bowdlerized! Where was the gut wrenching violence? The melodrama? Where was the tragedy?

I guess you had different auteur's visions.

Cool pics and funny story! :P

Alex Whitington & Rob Turner said...

I am typing this from the floor.

Ricardo Cantoral said...

Eddie you coward ! For shame. I hope those Bics give you cancer !

Ryan G. said...

Ha! Nice facial expressions!

Micah Baker said...

Oh, you clowns!

david said...

wheres the store about eating a delicious chili burger and chili cheese fries???

now i have a craving for carneys.

Dave_the_Turnip said...

This photo story is 10 degrees of awesome!

Thanks for the great laugh Eddie! :)

Eddie Fitzgerald said...

Thanks, everybody!

Jorge: I was dying to put in the cup crushing scene but when I tried, pictures started dropping out, which I assumed was a sign that I exceeded my bandwidth. I had to put up a shorter version.

MikeSnj said...

Looks like you all had fun making these.

Anonymous said...

can you please give your opinion on understanding comics eddie? Im not a fan, people who write scholarly articles on "comix" using words like semiotic are what is wrong with the comics scene today

Anonymous said...

I don't care for the tenor of these vignettes--ultra lovely Kali is always left holding an empty bun? I mean, there's parody and then there's just too too absurd.

Much prefer the alt. version where her stiletto-heeled Chuck Taylors are tattooing "boyfriend"'s smug mug as she heads for Tahiti with Marlo.
; D

Nico said...

HEY, the cup-crushing scene is back!

YAY!!!!!!!

Jennifer said...

Aaaaaaa! You left that poor little Kali to fend for herself against her loony ex-boyfriend. Your evil and rotten! Boo! Hiss! :D

Now you need a sequel where you realize the error of your ways and you grovel at Kali's feet and beg for her forgiveness. As a gesture of sweet revenge, Kali then tells you to go fly a kite in a lightning storm while wearing an antenna on your head, and she runs off with a super sexy boytoy. No, wait - strike the boytoy - Kali's too young to have a boytoy - how about a super sexy man?

Really, those live comics are some of the most creative things I've ever seen. Very very funny!

ZSL said...

You guys are living cartoons. I wonder if when you get scratched, if multicolored paint doesnt drip out of the wound.

Mokuu said...

The facial expressions were just great :D This is great work.

Eddie Fitzgerald said...

Anon: I've never seen a good book which analyzes comics, but I keep hoping. I've never seen a good book about directing film either.

Anonymous said...

Cup crushing is a bee-yoo-tifull thing!