Wednesday, February 13, 2013

EVENTS OF THE DAY JUST PASSED

Yikes! I'm caught short with nothing to post and it's almost bed time! Mmmmmm...how 'bout a post with nothing but the random thoughts I had during the day? It's not much but it's the best I can do.

Well...I was in a restaurant this morning and I remember being uneasy because the guy behind me was staring at the back of my head. I had the oddest feeling that he was telepathically commanding me to do something outrageous like mash my face in my potatoes. I even had a slight compulsion to do it. Geez, you set out to get some bacon and eggs and you meet Svengali!


Later in the morning I was thinking about snoods (above). Do you know what a snood is? It's a sort of bag that holds a girl's hair in the back.


Most snoods are decorated nets. Some women (above) prefer larva on their snoods.


I guess this gear made sense in the days when girls' hair grew down to their waists, but why does anyone wear them now? Short hair dangling in a snood looks like...well, something obscene. What an odd thing to put in back of your head!



I spent the afternoon housecleaning and cleaning out my car, then later I went over to John's to see a film that included John Barrymore's famous rendition of a scene from Richard III. Lots of people prefer this reading to any other.



I like Barrymore's reading, which is pieced together from different parts of the play, but I I still prefer Olivier's version (above).

So that was my uneventful day. After a week of raging flu a quiet, uneventful day was just what I needed.

No comments: