Thursday, May 03, 2012

AURALYNN RANTS ABOUT SHEETS


INT. MALL: 

AURALYNN: "Alright, you're wondering what I wanted you to see in this department store. I'll give you a hint: it has to do with something you said on your blog."

EDDIE: "My blog? Really?" 

AURALYNN: "Yeah. Follow me!"


EDDIE: "Auralynn, wait a minute! Let me try out this sofa. Ooooooh, man! This feels good! The problem is, if I allowed myself to be this comfortable in front of a TV, I'd turn into a couch potato."


AURALYNN: "How 'bout a shot for Roberto?"


AURALYNN: "Cheekster panties or cotton hipster? What do you think I should get, Eddie?"

EDDIE: "Er...what I think is that somebody I know is going to come along and I'll have to dive under the counter."


AURALYNN: "Okay, down to business! What we want is riiiiiiight around this corner......"


AURALYNN: "Okay, here we are! This is what I wanted to show you. This...THIS...is what a real bed looks like! You see how inviting this is? This is what I tried to tell you about the other day. THIS is the kind of thing girls like: quality white sheets, double pillows for each person, and a big old white comforter."


AURALYNN: "I can't believe how many men expect their girlfriends to get all worked up about jumping into a bed that looks like like an army cot. Girls hate that! On your blog you mentioned clean white sheets. That's not anywhere near enough! Tell the Theory Corner people that we're girls! We like beautiful things! Tell the guys to get a real bed with real sheets!"



AURALYNN: "(Sigh!) I love to let myself fall backward onto something big and fluffy (*Sigh*) It's like...falling...into.......a cloud."


EDDIE (VO): "It looks great, but what if a guy's strapped for cash?"



AURALYNN: "It doesn't cost much. Now here's what you need: 700 or 800 thread white cotton sheets, probably Queen size. Queen is the smallest bed that'll hold two people."


AURALYNN: "This looks like a good set: one fitted sheet, one flat sheet, and two pillow cases; 700 threads. It's on sale for $109...$90 if you have the newspaper coupon. That's a good price."


LATER, AT THE FOOD COURT:

AURALYNN: "So, did you like the sheets?"

EDDIE: "Yeah, they're great. Right now my whole family sleeps under sheets with pictures of animals and fire engines on them. That's what happens when you have kids. But you're right about the sheets."


7 comments:

Joshua Marchant (Scrawnycartoons) said...

A shot for Roberto? HAW!!

Auralynn is truly a woman of the highest culture. My only question is with that many pillows, do you sleep with all of them or toss some away? I've seen people with setups like that and it makes me wonder.

Anonymous said...

WOW!!!! I feel honored to have been mentioned in your story. We oughta do a photo story together sometime. Haha!

I finally got my summer orientation schedule for college yesterday at this university in the city which I'm taking summer classes at, since my actual college doesn't start until September. Getting the philosophy and sociology core stuff out of the way since I'm really good at social studies. Hopefully they won't be too difficult.

Eddie Fitzgerald said...

Roberto: Glad you liked the picture!

Sociology is a core subject? It's just my opinion of course, but I don't see the value of that subject for most people. College is unfortunately full of subjects with dubious value.

Joshua: I used to wonder about that myself. I think you stack the extra pillows on a chair when you sleep.

Kelly Toon said...

Auralynn is absolutely right. I have a feeling that she usually is. A girl after me own heart! Happy to see more of her on your blog.

This reminds me of the Dave Chapelle bit about how all men would live in caves or cardboard boxes, if they weren't expecting to bring a woman home with them. Men only have nice houses and nice cars so they can impress women. A pretty funny routine.

As an aside, I shudder to think of how many students are forced into "Sociology" classes as par for the course!

Codyssey said...

Vital info! Thanks Auralynn! My flannel duvet cover is prettay nice though...

CaroNation said...

Bravo to Auralynn for preaching the sheets! I personally go further and discriminate by types of cotton too. Egyptian and Pima cotton lavish the skin in the most luxurious softness. My bed is my favorite place :)

Great picture story! I remember doing one of these with Ericka and Lindsay at the office :) How are you??

-Carolyn Yeh

Eddie Fitzgerald said...

Carolyn: Holy Mackerel! It's good to hear from you! I'm doing fine; how are you?

The story we did together turned out to be one of my favorites. You can find a link to it on the right sidebar, near the top.

Erika wrote a while back and volunteered to play a part in another story, but her note came when I was swamped with work, and couldn't shoot anything. I should write to her.

You were great in that photo story, and I loved the voices you did for the company. Even speeded up they were funny and full of nuance.

Hey, are you still seeing....Oops! I guess this isn't the right venue for a discussion like that. Anyway, it's great to hear from you!