Monday, August 06, 2012

HOW WOMEN STAND / WOMEN STANDING

If you remember, a few months ago Theory Corner devoted a post to the fact that a lot of women lean forward without realizing it. Well, months have passed and I'm here to report that this is what I'm still seeing on the streets. I see it everywhere.


They stand askew a lot too, at least in photos. We're so used to it that we don't notice it,  If I hadn't called your attention to it, you probably wouldn't have noticed that the woman above is listing like The Leaning Tower of Pizza...er, did I spell that right? One more inch to the side and she'll fall over.

I'm not talking about bad posture (above). I'm talking about women who are not generally regarded as having posture problems.


This woman (above) was probably asked to stand up straight, and she probably believed she was...but she wasn't. She's leaning forward.


Maybe you thought high heels were what thrust women forward, or maybe a big chest. Nope, none of the above. Look at this woman (above). She's small chested, is wearing flat shoes, and is still leaning. I guess women were just born that way.


Maybe that's why they're always leaning on things.


I always assume that magazines are run by people who know more than I do. They say that flirty women always lean against walls, and who am I to disagree?


 I'll try to remember that when I draw cartoon women.


Rich women (above) sometimes prefer pottery or trees to walls.


Well, if it makes them happy.....


**************************************


BTW: Congrats to NASA for landing the Curiosity rover safely on Mars. I'm all for Mars exploration, but I haven't supported previous rover missions because they didn't seem likely to collect enough information to justify the cost. 

Maybe this falls into that category too, but I couldn't help but be impressed by the precision of the landing, and the hardware on this vehicle. It's got a laser that can read stratas on exposed cliff sides in high-def, and the cliffs probably probably date back billions of years.  

We learned a lot about the origin of the Earth from the manned missions to the Moon. Maybe we'll learn as much from this mission.    


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's what I've always noticed too. Women have a habit of leaning of standing at an angle. Perhaps it's a way to make themselves appear more attractive to the opposite sex.

I leave for New Jersey again August 30th on a two day road trip, so I might not be able to comment on any posts between that time and September 1st when I move into my dorm room. I found out about mine yesterday.

Speaking of that, I remember the post you did about New York City last year. Now without a doubt, I disagree with what you said about it. I went to the Bronx last month and I was expecting it to be really bad, but they've really done a good job cleaning up the borough. What you've described sounds much more like the North Jersey area and Hudson County, where my uncle lives. They really need to tear down a lot of the old, ugly rundown buildings that still exist around there and probably make the roads wider, along with getting rid of those toll booths between NJ and NYC and on the NJ Turnpike. Hoboken, Newark (despite the crime problems) and Jersey City are the exceptions here. They look a lot more like New York City, but with their own individual charm. I'm sure you would like them if you were able to visit.

Herman Gonzales said...

Hilarious

Eddie Fitzgerald said...

Roberto: It's been a while since I've been in New York, but my last impression was that it was alternately beautiful and ugly. I'm glad that you had a good experience with it.

Herman: Thanks!

Facundo Ezequiel said...

This is a good post. I noticed this leaning on girls before but I decided to ignore it, but now I think it may come in handy... maybe. I'll experiment with it.