Saturday, September 15, 2012

ABOUT MARRYING AURALYNN



I don't mean ME married to Auralynn....I'm already happily married.... I mean one of the young men that frequent this site, and have by now doubtlessly developed a crush on this unique woman. I've known Auralynn for a while now, and might have some useful advice to impart. Let me think.....

...Well first off: babies.... I don't really know what she thinks about them, but I figure if she likes one, she'll love five...thus the picture.



Second: she loves architecture, especially if it's retro or funky. If you want to marry this girl you'll have to have an appreciation of style.


How did she get that way?  Well, it all started when she was a kid.


She had a pet named "Charlie." Charlie was a stylish goldfish who had a big, golden tail and who swam around all day looking as cool as could be. Auralyn watched him endlessly.


Inspired by Charlie's example, she chose the "artsy" path in life. 


She took lots of snapshots with her little kid camera.


She also watched a lot of those old Universal horror movies on TV. She acquired a taste for things retro.


As she grew up she realized that she was different than the other kids in the neighborhood.


When she became of age she left home to seek out other stylish people.


TO BE CONTINUED.........


BTW: The film stills are from a terrific film called "Amalie."


4 comments:

A. When said...

Wait what!

Anonymous said...

Amélie is one of my top favourite films. The style is tip top.

Eddie Fitzgerald said...

Anon: Haw! I deliberately didn't mention the name of the film. I wanted to see if anyone recognized it. You have good taste.

A: That little girl looks a little like the young Auralynn might have looked. The temptation was irresistable!

Joshua: Sorry I accidentally deleted your comment but here it is again, restored:

"Woah! Those Ikea photos really put some ideas in your head, huh?"

A.:

Anonymous said...

Presumably her future husband won't have to go around dropping pencils everywhere.