Saturday, September 01, 2012

THE BEST ELVIS IMPRESSION EVER!

Boy, Elvis.....what a guy!




If you're an Elvis fan then let me lay this on you...this...the best...THE BEST...Elvis impression ever! It's Jim Carey way back in 1983 in his first appearance on The Tonight Show. Geez, what a talent Carey was! What a talent Elvis was!!!!!!












My dream for the animation industry is that we would develop a few animators who could animate this kind of funny dance...maybe even make something funnier than Carey did here, though that's a tall order.


BTW: I notice that Jim Carey wears a version of the famous Theory Corner "Wrinkle Jacket" here. Good for Jim! He's a man of taste!

Also BTW: In 1983 Jim had his own TV show called "The Duck Factory." I'm told by a friend of one of the key writers on that show that I was one of the inspirations for the character. I don't know if that's true or not, but it would be great if it was.


6 comments:

Martinus said...

Speaking of you having influenced a character, are you aware that you were the inspiration for Pinky on Pinky and The Brain?
I only recently heard that on Rob Paulsen's (Voice of Pinky) podcast.
What are your thoughts on this?


I saw a great clip of Jim Carrey imperonating Wile E Coyote . Well worth a watch: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fRmCMpo-hOk

Brubaker said...

You know, it's a shame "The Duck Factory" failed. A sitcom about an animation studio is comedic gold potential right there.

The show's creators were Herbert Klynn and Al Burns, both of whom had long history in animation.

Eddie Fitzgerald said...

Martinus: Haw! Yeah, I'm aware of that. The Coyote impression was great!

Brubaker: I didn't know those guys had a long history in animation. Thanks for the info!

Anonymous said...

Great video, Jim Carrey must be a reference too for animators. I saw Man on the moon, with Jim Carrey impression's of Andy Kaufman impressiong Elvis, it's the source?

I didn't know for Pinky and the brain (minus et cortex) ! Used to be the best a the time

Jorge Garrido said...

I have to say, Eddie... I-I...I think I actually prefer Andy Kaufman's version! When I saw Man On The Moon, I was actually disappointed by Jim's impression, and wished he had done a more subtle impression ala Andy on The Johnny Cash Show!

Don't hurt me, man!

Paul Penna said...

Much hilarity has always resulted from scanning MAD artwork for hidden gags and obscure trivia. Here we have Jack Davis inserting a fan holding up her (?) phone number: MUrray Hill 5-4300, which not only identifies her as a New York City resident, but also a neighbor of Lucy and Ricky Ricardo, who may be reached at MU 5-9975.