Thursday, July 31, 2014

THE TIME TRAVEL STORY (PART 2)

IRENE: "Why, you pathetic little fool. Get out of my way."


BUM: "Look, all I'm askin' for is a dime, lady. A pretty lady like you...it's not gonna break you."


KATHY: "Haw! It looks like you have an admirer, Irene."



IRENE: "Oh yeah? Well let him admire this."

BAM! BAM! SHE SHOOTS HIM, AND TOSSES THE GUN DOWN A SEWER.


WITNESS: "Oh, my God...she shot him!

A PASSING AMBULANCE STOPS:

AMBULANCE TEAM: "He's dead...a bullet through the forehead! 'Anybody see who did it?"

WOMAN: "I saw it! That lady over there did it. They argued about somethin' and she just took out a gun and shot him."



TONY (DISTRAUGHT): "Wh...why'd you do it Irene? You promised you'd be careful. YOU PROMISED! That's why I took you along. You promised you wouldn't speak to anyone in this time. You promised you wouldn't allow anything you do, no matter how insignificant, to influence anybody in any way. And now this."


IRENE: "Oh, there you go being a wimp again. Nobody cares about him. He was just a bum. And besides, most of these people lived their lives and died long before 2015. What you're seeing are just shades. It doesn't make any difference what you do to them. They're not real.


CLARE: "I don't know, Irene. They look pretty real to me."


 IRENE (CONT): "Anyway we'll be out of here in an hour."


IRENE (CONT) (VO): "There's our ride home now."


CROWD: "You ain't goin' anywhere, Lady! Somebody call a cop!"


IRENE: "Get your hands off me! Don't touch me!"


SHE TAKES SOMETHING FROM HER PURSE AND QUICKLY UNFOLDS IT.

IRENE: "Okay, people...let me introduce you to 2015!"


TONY: "IRENE! Where did you get...you weren't supposed to..."


ZZZZZRRMMM! A LASER BEAM THEN AN EXPLOSION THEN A SERIES OF NAPALM-LIKE PLUMES OF FIRE OBLITERATING HALF A CITY BLOCK: 


CROWD: (SCREAMS OF PANIC)




MORE DESTRUCTION AS THE BEAM SWEEPS ACROSS BUILDING TOPS:


CROWD: (MORE SCREAMS OF PANIC)




TONY DRIVES UP IN A CAR, SCREECHES TO A HALT, SHOUTS TO THE GIRLS:

TONY: "Get in! Get in! We've gotta get to the airport!"


This entire story and text (not photos) copyright Eddie Fitzgerald 7/30/2014)

*********************************
I'd need parts 3 & 4 to tell the whole story, where the "Cleaners" come in, but I think I'll end it here. Finding pictures to illustrate what I wanted to say took hours, and I still didn't get the photos I wanted. *SIGH*

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Eddie, would it be ok for me to illustrate this story in comic book form? It's fun, and the visuals are great.

It would only be for practice. Anything I do will belong to you, and I'll only include it in my body of illustration work, never print it or present it as my own idea.

After ten years in print design I'm finally illustrating like I always dreamed of. Your blog and John K's have been an incredible Gem of a resource.

Eddie Fitzgerald said...

Gabriel: I couldn't find your work on Google. Anyway, thanks for the compliment but I'd prefer to work up the story in script form before doing anything like you suggested.