Thursday, May 25, 2006

Vincent Waller: the Man and the Legend

In case you don't know, Vincent is an ace Spumco director and a heck of a nice guy to boot. "So what?", you're saying to yourself, "The world is full of talented, nice guys!" No it's not, not like this. Vincent, in addition to everything else, is... a CHICK MAGNET! I don't mean he's attractive to women. Nothing as common as that. I mean women go nuts when he's around. Crazy! They can't keep their hands off him! If Vincent is in a restaurant the women in the room will, one by one, make excuses to leave their boyfriends and discreetly drop their phone numbers onto Vincent's table. He picks up his waterglass and there's a phone number on the bottom. Checks from the waitress have a number. Girls' foreheads have numbers. Knuckles and eyelids have numbers. The mind boggles to think what else might have numbers!


Now I know what you're thinking, that Vincent must spend his whole day calling those numbers like a fiend on fire. Actually, he doesn't. Getting piles of unsolicited phone numbers is so common an experience for Vincent that he throws most of them away without looking at them. Just casually tosses them!


Once again I know what you're thinking: surely Vincent is a horrible human being. Surely the gods balance great gifts with great liabilities. Well, you'd be wrong. He's the nicest guy you'll ever meet. When my nosehairs get too long he always brings the subject up indirectly by telling me a story about how he deals with his own nosehairs. John, by contrast, would say "Holy Crap! There's a f-----g TREE growing out of your nose!!!!


So here's a tip of the theory hat to Vincent Waller, chick magnet and gentleman!

22 comments:

Unknown said...

Cool. Now I know where to go to find dumpsters overflowing with girls' phone numbers!

BrandonPierce said...

Aw, man. Everybody's a chick magnet but me? Poopie!

Matthew Cruickshank said...

Are you single and available Eddie?

Hi edster, not sure if you remember me but I remember you! It's the Limey here, Mike Fontanellis estranged movie partner.

I really admire your work and you as a person. I hope I can meet you guys at The Comicon if you are going. If not I'm going to be working in Burbank for most of August and would love the chance to catch up.

Hope your daughter still likes Elvis.

Matt

Anonymous said...

Vince gives off a vibe of appeal and danger to women, as opposed to, say, mental instability and mindfuck browbeating. Kinda like Jim Morrison in his prime, had he not met up with that Paris hotel fire. Master that, Eddie, and the world's panties will be so yours that you'll make the aging Tom Jones look like the dead Friz. Let us pray.

Jesus

Eddie Fitzgerald said...

Matt: Great to hear from you! I probably won't be at the con but I'll almost certainly be here in August. Give me a call!

BTW, Mike Fontanelli says, "Tell that #@&%@ to email me!"

Ryan Khatam said...

HAHAHAH! great & FUNNY! that really does look like vincent (when his hair used to be long). i love all the letters & numbers sticking out of his mouth lol

Mitchel Kennedy said...

Geeze... how does he do it!?

Marlo said...

Uncle, you could tell me to go to the christian hell and i'd still be your loyal cartoonisty fwend.

the supertronic highway internet isn't real, meaning everything communicated on it can be toungue-in-cheek and everything is a big old joke, aint it?

but SERIOUSLY GIVE VINCENT MY NUMBER RIGHT NOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

pant pant pant

Robert Hume said...

Hey I know who Vincent is, he Directed the old Ren and Stimpy, Rubber Nipple Salesman Episode, right! What other episodes did Vincent Direct at Spumco by the way? That one was hillarious!

-Bob

Eddie Fitzgerald said...

Marlo: Thanks, Marlo! What a relief to hear you say that!

About Vincent, you should give him your number yourself when you meet him in the near fiture. Put some molasses on it so it'll stand out in the pile!

-Eddie

Jenny Lerew said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Jenny Lerew said...

Vincent is a real gent, no question--he seems as good inside as out, too. I think it may be much more than his good looks that makes him so appealing...that guy must come from a great family. ; )

Anonymous said...

Not only did Vincent Waller directed the Ren & Stimpy classic "Rubber Nipple Salesman". He also directed the episode "Big Baby Scam". He also help write for the R & S episodes Boy Who Cried Rat, Fire Dogs, Man's Best Friend, Onward & Upward and Fire Dogs 2. Of course he is now working on Spongebob.

Jesse

C. A. M. Thompson said...

I love these drawings. Very Don Martiny.

Anonymous said...

yeah geat post eddie

Anonymous said...

So this guy is some kind of huge pimp, eh? Are you popular with the ladies by association, Eddie?

Wait, the comic explained it. Nevermind.

christopher said...

So you're telling us not only is he an amazing cartoonist but he can relate his secrets to getting girls too! Which way to Vincent's blog?!

Eddie Fitzgerald said...

Ha! Vincent doesn't have a blog! If he did it would be swamped with women's numbers. There wouldn't be bandwidth for them all.

Eddie

christopher said...

Yeah, I figured he didn't or I woulda known about it by now! I guess it's kinda hard to type when you're up to your elbows in... well you know what! ;)

But on a serious note, you must do everything in your power to convince Mr. waller to start a blog so I can steal some of his cartoon secrets too! Thanks Eddie!

Anonymous said...

Can I see a picture of Vincent?

david said...

THESE ARE HILARIOUS!!!!!!!!!
HAHaH i was laughing so much from these fun-packed drawings!!!!!


post more please!




I hope one day to match vincent's studly-ness

i think i am off to a good start.

I just need my hair to grow longer and i need to draw better.

Anonymous said...

This is funny because it's TRUE.

I don't exactly know Vincent, but used to see him in passing frequently because he dated someone I knew at the time... I always thought *damn, he's fantastic* when I saw him.

It's been a few years since then, and well, he still stands out in my mind. Obviously. I found this blog Googling him--- guilty as charged! How embarrassing... Oh well.

I'll tell you what it is about him--- You see, a woman can look at a man, any man, and tell EXACTLY what kind of lover they are. With Vincent, we like what we see.