Saturday, May 22, 2010

W-I-D-E-S-C-R-E-E-N


I don't have time to put up a well-thought out post, but I think I can manage a long post.....I mean a really, really LOOOOOOOOONG post! I imagine the girl's feet (above) are interfering with my sidebar graphics, but I don't think any of my male readers will complain. 


















Boy, this new beta Blogger format is liberating! You can stretch across the page with it. I expect to do a lot of articles about impossibly long snakes, trains, sleeping Watusis and Diplodicus-type dinosaurs. 





















Above, one of my favorite widescreen movie posters.  Now I get to display it in a format that supports it.
 
















Ah, these are heady days! Thank-you Blogger! I can't believe that all this is free!


8 comments:

Brubaker said...

When I started collecting cartoons on 16mm one of my goals was to try and get many late fifties Terrytoons shorts done in CinemaScope as I can.

Those cartoons were laid out so that all the important actions were in the center. The cartoons were to be shown on television after its theatrical run, so the animators wern't allowed to really take advantage of it. Still, I noticed that some animations were missing in the pan-and-scan version because it occurred on the left or right side of the screen.

Why'd I bring it up? Well, it's about widescreen, right?

Steven M. said...

I'm loving widescreen.

Anonymous said...

The Theory Corner - Now in glorious WIDESCREEEN!

By the way, I had no idea that widescreen movie posters even existed, though I knew about the CinemaScope movies made at that time. Thanks for teaching me something surpsingly new, Eddie!

Jorge Garrido said...

CENSORED? What are ya, Uncle Eddie BREEN?

Anonymous said...

Thanks for censoring the pic Eddie, I've never seen naked breasts in person before and those would have caused me to let out yet another wistful sigh.

In a way it's good thing that women don't walk around naked all the time since then there wouldn't be any "naughtiness" to nudity and you wouldn't have what I'm assuming is the very fun surprise when you are with your woman on a secluded part of a beach near grassy hills and as I set up the umbrella while pontificating about my views on philosophy and art while wearing a straw hat she twirls about as if in a dreamlike state and before I ask if she's listening I notice her floral patterned sundress drop to her ankles.....

Eddie Fitzgerald said...

Jorge, Anon: Well...the girl's breasts were not her best asset, at least not in this photo.

Anon: That's a steamy piece of writing there. You could have gotten a job writing that stuff.

Alberto said...

you know what's even better than cinema-scope? The short-lived, but incredible Cinerama. Washington has one left in Seattle and it plays a couple every year.

thomas said...

Anonymous - funny post

Eddie - an assiduous assessment of assets..