Friday, April 20, 2012

BEAUTIFUL SANTORINI



INT. CARL'S JR. BURGER RESTAURANT:

AURALYNN: "Hi Eddie!"

EDDIE (VO): Auralynn! Hi! Hey, you're not gonna take a swing at me again, are ya'?"


AURALYNN: "Oh, I was just kidding when I did that. I didn't hurt you did I?"



EDDIE (VO): No, no, I'm fine. Hey, can I interest you in a burger? It's grilled to perfection and comes with tomato, onions and leafy lettuce. A tasty flavor treat...whaddaya say?"

AURALYNN (VO): No thanks. I'm not, er...into Carl's burgers."



AURALYNN: "Say, what are those pictures on the wall?"


EDDIE (VO): "I dunno. 'Just restaurant art."



AURALYNN (VO): "Wait a minute. Those are pictures of Santorini, one of the Greek islands! That town is beautiful. Oh, I'd give anything to go there."

EDDIE (VO): "Yeeeeeah....but look at that hill. What if you walked all the way down to the bottom then realized you left your wallet in your room?"


AURALYNN: "Well, you'd have to climb back up again. You 'gotta make some sacrifices if you want to live in a beautiful place."


EDDIE (VO): "Yeah, but...yikes! Those stairs look dangerous. What if you fell?"


AURALYNN: "Dangerous? Hmmm...hey, Eddie...what if someone was murdered there?"

EDDIE (VO): "Murdered?? You've gotta be kidding."



AURALYNN (VO): "No, look at the pictures. Cliffs and precipices everywhere. If an evil person wanted you dead...well, all it would take is a push."

EDDIE (VO): "Naaaaaaaw! Evil people don't go to places like Santorini."



AURALYNN: "Sure they do. They must. Here, I'll look it up on the internet."

EDDIE (VO): "And while you do that, I'll do justice to the rest of this delicious burger."


AURALYNN: "Okay, here it is. August 4, 2008: a chef in one of those fancy island restaurants went berserk and beheaded his girlfriend. When the police came up he threw the dripping, bloody head into their car, hijacked it, and ran over two doctors while he was trying to make his getaway."



AURALYNN: "What are you doing? Are you throwing that burger away? Why? I thought you were hungry!"

EDDIE (VO): "(Gulp!) I don't feel so good..."



8 comments:

Joshua Marchant (Scrawnycartoons) said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
A. When said...

Hi Eddie! You forgot to mention that I somewhat like the light fixtures at that Carl's Jr. Obviously the entire interior was decorated in the early '90s, and it shows. The lights seem Memphis design inspired with the color scheme and art-deco inspired shape. I love Memphis!

Anonymous said...

Never heard of Carl Jr. in my whole life. Could you explain exactly what that is? Is it kind of like In and Out Burger, another famous burger joint I've heard of, but have never eaten at because there aren't any in Georgia? That would help me understand this photo story a lot better.

Eddie Fitzgerald said...

Roberto: Yeah, it's a fast food restaurant like In and Out.

Eddie Fitzgerald said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Eddie Fitzgerald said...

Auralynn: Man, you know your art history! Memphis was a fun movement. I was sorry to see it go.

Steven M. said...

I should go to the islands someday.

talkingtj said...

i dont know, one of my best friends is greek and he's from santorini, he says he hates it because its so hilly! he hates all the walking! oh well, to each his own! auralynn has nice legs.