Monday, June 17, 2013

FROM HERE TO ETERNITY (PARODY)

ON COUPLE KISSING PASSIONATELY:

(SFX): SMOOCH! SMOOCH!

(SFX): KISSY! KISSY! KISSY!

  (SFX): SMOOOCH! KISSY! KISSY! SMOOCH!!!!


(SFX): SMOOOOOOCH!!!!

COUPLE:  KISSY! SMOOOOOCH!!!!! KISSY!! SMOOOOOOOCH! SMOOOOOOCH!!!!!!!!!


SHE SITS UP, PUSHES HIM AWAY:

GLADYS: "No, wait a minute...we shouldn't be doing this. It's wrong."


PIERRE: "Wrong? How can it be wrong? Are you saying the love between a man and a woman is wrong? How can it be wrong?"




GLADYS (WHILE SPITTING OUT WATER): "I don't know...it just is!"



PIERRE: "Well, if it's wrong, how come it feels so right? I mean I feel pretty doggoned right about it, and if you feel that way, too....."





PIERRE: "Gladys, have you got a towel?"

GLADYS: "I forgot to bring a towel. I have a sandwich. Do you want a sandwich?"

PIERRE: " No, forget the sandwich. Look, all I'm saying is...that when a man..."




PIERRE (WHILE SPITTING OUT WATER): "When a man...."








PIERRE: "What's in the sandwich?"

GLADYS: "Peanut butter, I think."

PIERRE: "The crunchy kind?"

GLADYS: "Yeah, the crunchy kind."

PIERRE: "Good. Let's do it."


************

Photo and title copyright by original copyright holders.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I actually saw this movie once on TCM and really enjoyed it. Your parody of the film makes me want to watch it again.

Speaking of movies, Man of Steel was a major letdown and a disappointment and I'm hoping Zack Snyder, the director of the film, doesn't end up becoming a one trick pony. I didn't know this, but he also directed 300. I should have saw This is the End instead.

Joshua Marchant (Scrawnycartoons) said...

I like Sid Caesars name for it: "From here to Obscurity"

Nice peanut butter dialogue!! Shoot, I need a sandwich...

Eddie Fitzgerald said...

Roberto: I saw it...in 3D! I love 3D and I hope it's here to stay. They need to bring the price down, though. I saw it with Mike and he fell in love with the evil girl who played Zod's assistant.

Joshua: Caesar and Coca...geniuses!

Unknown said...

Oh yeah! I mean there were some aspects of the movie I really liked, like the special effects and I was really into much of the film, but there was too much style over substance. Also, the movie was too long, the flashbacks were a bit jarring, there was a lack of character development and the way Superman defeated Zod was really lame too! Maybe the 3D would have made the special effects even better. I'm surprised Mike would even want to see a superhero movie at all.

It wasn't as bad as what some older hardcore Superman fans were saying it would be, and I'm fortunate that I didn't have to pay for it myself, but from now on, I'm just gonna wait until a lot of these movies come out on HBO, Netflix, or Amazon Prime and see them that way. I still need to watch The Dark Knight Rises soon.

With certain movies like This is the End, it seems worth it to go to the theater, but only occasionally, IMHO. I'm trying to be as frugal as I can with my money. I would give it between a 5-6 out of 10. Not horrible, but not great either.